Monday, November 2, 2015

Who I am? Who I am? I'm Hedvig Solveig

Ladies, Gentlemen, and others! This is Sunroadreads, a bookblog created for me to talk about my huge love for all things readable!
WHO IS HEDVIG SOLVEIG?
Well, I currently live in Sweden, on the countryside, where booklovers like me are pretty rare. I live in a village that consits of elder people and animals, and I currently live with my mom and cat, Tusse! My weeks I spend by going to my upper secondary school, where I go to a performing arts line! Singing privatly, singing in choir, dancing, doing theatre, playing music + ordinary subjects is what I do! But despite my interest in all things performing, my future is one I want to spend with books. And not Swedish books, but rather English ones! Ever since I started 7th grade, I've read only in English, and I'm afraid I can't stop now. English books is like the food for my soul! Other than reading, my interests include: drawing, playing the violin and the piano, dancing, singing, and writing!
Hmm.. some things I love: history, art, musicals (noticing the Les Mis/Javert reference anyone?), korean dramas, anime, manga, cats, finding and eating gluten free and dairy free food, watching series with my mom, tweeting, feminism, talking about books and drinking coffee!
Current book obsessions: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, Uprooted by Naomi Novik and Aristotles and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
WHY SHOULD I READ YOUR BLOG?
Well, hopefully you will like it because you enjoy reading what I write and post! But what I plan to with my blog is to read and find books with diverse and LGBTQA+ characters! I want to bring forward books that has been forgotten by the fantasy community, and new ones too! Certain reviews will be written in both English and Swedish to expand the audience for the book. So look forward for me to review new books, but also the old goodies everyone has forgotten! I want bring the YA fantasy lovers and the non-YA fantasy lovers together, and unite us in the love for fantasy, because both sides has so much to offer! Occasionally there will be non-fantasy reviews too of course, but well, fantasy has a special place in my heart!
When reviews are not posted, I will share my experience and others, for example on how it is not to have English as a first language, and how it affects us and creative writing. Why I read English and not Swedish books. On the matter of not being able to afford to buy books all the time. Basically it's me on the quest of finding new amazing books and exploring life and how life and books goes hand in hand.

Thank you so much for reading! Turn in tomorrow for a special Truthwitch post! Until then, love and goodbye! <3

1 comment:

  1. Aaah thank you thank you!! I will definitely be talking about my own experience and lots of other stuff! Your comment is so kind it's making me blush! Thank you for making sure I work ahahah < 3

    ReplyDelete